Climbers appreciate The Lemon House’s lively communal breakfast, informal atmosphere and Peter & Anne’s detailed local knowledge. 1,5km from the sea and 10-45 mins by car from beautiful, unspoilt, uncrowded Ogliastra’s main climbing areas, in the village of Lotzorai south-east of the Supramonte and Gennargentu. Lonely Planet “Top Choice”, Guardian “Top 10 activity holidays in Europe” August 2012, recommended by Cicerone, Rother and Pietra di Luna walking and climbing guides. We aim to help you get the most out of your stay:
- B&B accommodation in double/twin or triple rooms, ensuite or shared bath. Roof terrace with stunning views. Bouldering panel, fingerboard, wifi.
- Open March-November. You can climb all year round, with south-facing crags at sea level for the winter to shady crags at 1000m+ altitude for the high summer. That’s why we chose to live here! See our videos http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLemonHouse to see exactly what it’s like here.
- 800 single-pitch sports routes (granite as well as limestone), 60 multi-pitch routes (including the famous Aguglia at Cala Goloritzè), from grade 5 to 8c+,DWS and bouldering, all within 5-60 mins drive.
- All local maps and guides. The guide to Ogliastra was published in March 2008 and you can buy it from us, with all the updates and details of new crags, plus the 4th edition of Pietra di Luna for multi-pitch routes. Or buy the 5th edition of Pietra di Luna published in October 2011, with details of all the routes we’ve bolted in Baunei and translated into English by Peter.
- New routes we are bolting: The Lemon House crag currently has 17 routes from 5c to 7b; we have bolted lots of lower-grade 4-6a routes at Monte Scoine, Montera Pittaine and Campo del Miracoli; the Su Telargiu cave is ideal for summer and has almost 40 routes from 6a to 8b+/c and 4 routes of estimated grade 8a/b-8c or harder awaiting their FFA, new sectors Monte Oro and Dinopark. Come and help with the bolting or freeing routes!
- Peter never misses a chance to come climbing so if you need a partner he can help out for a day; we normally accompany visitors on their first day to help them find the crags and choose their routes.
- Great mountain biking: Peter coordinated the writing of Sardinias first mountain bike guide in 20 years which was published with English and Italian editions at the end of 2011. 70 routes in the south and centre of the island, with 25 near the Lemon House. We can give you full details and GPX files. XC, Free Ride and All mountain routes, lifts to start of rides or borrow a bike carrier. Hardtail and Full Suspended MTB for hire.
- Superb road cycling with Alpine climbs and descents (road bike hire), walking (Selvaggio Blu, a 7-day expedition along the coast involving climbing and abseiling and reckoned to be Italy’s toughest trek, starts 3km from where we live; we offer logistic support and Peter translated both the guides to the route in to English; we have contributed routes to many walking guides), sea kayaking, horse riding and diving as well as fascinating Bronze Age and pagan culture to discover!
- We also rent out our nearby apartment 300 m from the sea.