NOW available for pre-ordering
The book is now available for pre-ordering at a special offer price of £25.95 (RRP £29.95) including delivery. The books will be sent out as soon as we receive stock which we anticipate being in the week beginning 13 April 2015. No copies will be available before this date.
April 2015 will see the publication of the third edition of the UK’s best selling guidebook - Eastern Grit. The original 2001 version arguably changed the format of guidebooks for ever. A significantly revised edition was published in 2006 with 100 extra pages and 900 extra routes - 2950 in total.
Eight years on and it is time for a new version. Once again the book has been expanded with more coverage of the main cliffs and the inclusion of many of the minor venues that were left out last time round. It is now comes out at a massive 560 pages with over 4000 routes!
All the cliffs have been rephotographed in glorious detail, every page has been redesigned and all the descriptions and grades have been checked against the UKClimbing databases and updated where appropriate. The book includes a superb set of inspiring action photographs from some renown photographers plus a plethora of graded lists. It is full of the kind of intimate knowledge that only comes from many years of climbing on these superb gritstone cliffs.
Links take you to the correct section of the Rockfax Route Database all of which have been updated with new routes and grades inline with the new edition of the guidebook.
- Sheffield Area - Wharncliffe, Agden Rocher, Rivelin
- Ladybower Area - Dovestone Tor, Bamford
- Stanage - Stanage North, Stanage Plantation, Stanage Popular
- Burbage Valley - Burbage North, Higgar Tor, Carl Wark, Burbage South
- Millstone Area - Over Owler Tor, Millstone, Lawrencefield, Yarncliffe
- Derwent Edges - Froggatt, Curbar, Baslow
- Chatsworth Area - Gardom's, Birchen, Chatsworth
- Southern Crags - Robin Hood's Stride, Cratcliffe, Black Rocks, Turningstone Edge, Duke's Quarry, Shining Cliff
Rockfax make a donation from each copy sold from this web site to the BMC Access and Conservation Trust.
Please see here for further information on donations.