<< Lobo < Ausgeschissn | Ruwa > Oma Sus >>
Despite some grotty terrain, this is a worthwhile route, and well equipped where it matters. Start right of a groove and rib.
1) 5, 28m. Climb a rib, trending slightly rightwards to the first bolt, then up the buttress, passing a small roof to a good stance.
2) 5+, 15m. Continue up the slanting crack splitting the wall (4 bolts) then head leftwards past the arete to a stance.
3) 4, 25m. Straight up slabby rock, passing ledges to a bay.
4) 3, 25m. A scrappy pitch. Climb to a ledge at 5m, then trend left (red arrows) to a stance below a groove.
5) 4+, 40m. Up the steep corner/groove (bolts) and then continue more easily to a finish up the right arete.
Descent - Traverse 40m east (red arrows) to the notch. Scramble down 30m a tree on Lofi - abseil down this.
FA. Hannelore and Kurt Krentzenbeck 2000s Equipped by Horst Urban.
There is another pitch-
5 50m 4+ Climb the steep corner/groove (bolts) and then more easily to the ridge.
Descent- There are red arrows along the ridge. From the col we abbed 30m from a ring bolt down easy ground to a tree and bolts at the top of Lofi. From there ab 50m and 15m. ( this was in March 03).
Chris Heald - 03/Mar/04
The traverse to the top of Ruwa seemed impossible and very exposed. Couldn't find a lower off. From the groove we did a 55m ab to the second belay and then a 50m ab to the ground.
Gary Watson - 05/Nov/04
Misnamed, now has "Cilber" written at the base in Red along with number and lengths of pitches. Route finding on route is facilitated by the same tin of red paint.
Duncan Martin - 06/Feb/05
Changed from 5+ * to 5+ **, 0% of 2 votes for **
ROCKFAX - 06/Mar/13
Login to your ROCKFAX account
to add your comments - Search for comments