Espolón de Finestrat
<< El Diamante < New Generations | Talisman > Flamingo Dancer >>
HVS. An older route, easier than most hereabouts. Scramble up the ramp below and right of the main pillar. Belay at a tree.
1) 5, 25m. Climb the slab leftwards to a ledge and bolt belay.
2) 4, 20m. Follow ledges out right then back onto a pillar.
3) 3, 25m. Follow the ramp left to a bay. Belay bolt on the left.
4) 4, 20m. Out left into a groove, up to a pinnacle on the left.
5) 5, 20m. Climb the groove on the right. At its top either climb up left or go direct (harder) to a cave.
6) 5, 15m. Follow the arete on the right and move left to belay.
7) 5+, 30m. Climb up right then move leftwards across a ledge. Climb a crack to an arete and follow this to the abseil station.
FA. M.Pamares, F.Garcia 1984
I note that pitch 7 in the description is graded 5+ so I guess the route grade should be 5+
Simon Brown - 18/May/05
You can miss out the second and third pitches by going straight up the groove of Talisman giving a more direct and sustained route. Excellent.
Martin - 13/Mar/08
Login to your ROCKFAX account
to add your comments - Search for comments