Through the Looking Glass
<< Espolón de Echo < Vía de Polop | Capricorn Encounter > El asesino y redención >>
E1. A good introduction to the wall. The start is loose. Start at the top of the slope below a leftwards slanting fault.
1) 5+, 25m. Up the fault and follow this to a hard move round the arete to a crack. Up to a small roof and over this to a belay.
2) 5+, 25m. Traverse along the break to the next bay and follow the line below the overlap (peg), pull over a wall to a groove which is followed. Move right to a good ledge and bolt belay.
3) 6a, 30m. Climb the steep wall on the right (2 threads) to follow the fault-line right to a steep corner. Move up, then left, and climb direct to a small ledge (thread/nut belays).
4) 5, 45m. Climb the steepening slab and a short crack. Up this to a ledge and tree. Head up left to below the top wall.
5) 5, 40m. As for Vía de Polop.
FA. R.Edwards, C.Morton, B.Rynne 2001
First pitch was horribly loose. 2nd pitch also pretty loose.3rd pitch was great. Go straight up not rightwards. Only about 20 metres not 30.
Heike - 03/Jan/06
a true moutaineering route without aline of dot to dot bolts have to use your route finding skills a brillent outing a bit losser than desctiption but adds to the atomsphere a route that goes some where ,the top T.O'neill
Terence O'Neill - 18/Jan/07
Please could you correct the spelling of my surname in the next edition (I'm assuming there'll be one in due course)? Thanks
C.E. Moreton - 25/Feb/08
Was on 1st ascent & have since repeated it but I don't think it's worth 2 stars
Charles Moreton - 21/Nov/11
Login to your ROCKFAX account
to add your comments - Search for comments