<< Master Class < Rått kjøtt | Vågarisset > None >>
195m. This seldom climbed route has three good crack pitches plus some typical Lofoten terrain. Start about 40m to the left of, and slightly higher than, the base of Vågarisset.
1) 5+, 45m. Climb a thin finger-crack through a bulge to reach a slab split by another vertical crack. Belay above on a ledge below some big overhangs.
2) 30m. Traverse left below this overhanging section to reach some grassy ledges.
3) 6-, 45m. An awkward and strenuous crack leads into a steep, grass-filled chimney. Climb the chimney to a big moss-covered ledge, and move out right to a belay.
4) 10m. Continue along the ledge around a block, and belay on top of a block, just below the start of the next crack system.
5) 6/A0, 45m. Climb straight up a steep, beautiful finger-crack (5+ with 2 points of aid) which soon eases back and widens before narrowing again just below a big belay ledge.
6) 5+, 20m. Walk right for about 5m, then climb a crack straight up to an overhang where the crack widens. Finish up the right-facing corner above.
FA. Arild Meyer and Bjørn Braathen Summer, 1982