<< None < A Wee Nip | Famous Grouse > Rom and Cola >>
270m. (Hair of the Dog) A long line that links a series of cracks and grooves up the left-hand edge of the tallest part of the cliff. It has some long pitches and sustained climbing.
1) 6, 40m. Trend left into the base of the groove and climb it (peg) to a small stance.
2) 6, 40m. Continue up the groove (peg) then move left to a bolt then back right to a long crack. Climb this to a belay.
3) 5, 50m. A continuation crack leads to easier ground where cracks and groove lead to the large grass ledge (on Descent 2).
4) 6, 50m. Climb cracks past the right side of an overlap then trend right and climb the long crack to its end. Move left and back right to a ledge with blocks at the base of a groove.
5) 6, 50m. Climb the groove and its continuation until an exit to the right is possible. Move right (grassy) then climb right again to the base of a good crack. This is most easily reached from the right and leads to a belay at a horizontal break.
6) 5, 40m. A short crack leads to easy ground then the ridge.
FA. Martin Jakobsson, Krister Johnson 19.6.1999