Outside Edge Route
<< Crucible < Jabberwocky | Ordinary Route > Kirkus Route >>
One of the great Welsh mountain routes which takes a superb line across the buttress, finishing in a great position on the upper 'outside edge'. Start below a block roughly in the centre of the face.
1) 18m. Climb rightwards up a groove below the block. Move right around it and up to a stance
2) 25m. Climb up to a ledge then make a rising traverse up left to the arete. Climb this to a ledge and belays.
3) 18m. Move up onto Sunset Ledge then walk left for 6m and belay on the left side of the ledge.
4) 15m. Make as tricky traverse left around some ribs to gain a groove. Climb this to a ledge and belay.
5) 25m. Climb up and left to a corner-crack. Follow this (the crux, maybe a move of 4a) to the crest and a belay ledge.
6) 35m. Follow the ridge more easily from here to the top.
FA. J.M.Edwards, C.Palmer 1931