<< The Black Cleft < Longland's Climb | West Buttress Eliminate > White Slab >>
A complex line that weaves up the West Buttress at a relatively friendly grade. Start at the base of the Eastern Terrace, just above a wet and grassy crack.
1) 4c, 20m. Climb a crack to a small stance under the rib of White Slab. This can also be reached from the base of Longland's.
2) 4c, 12m. Move right, then pull round onto the slab. Move right again, then descend with difficulty (Linnell's Leap).
3) 30m. Scramble rightwards then up grassy ledges to a belay in a corner.
4) 4b, 20m. Climb the slab to the arete and pull round to belay on WBE.
5) 4c, 20m. Move right then up the groove to an overhang. Swing round this to belay in the corner above.
6) 4c, 20m. Stride across the corner, then pull round onto a narrow slab. Climb this more easily...
7) 25m. ...past one stance to the top.
FA. J.Campell, A.Cox 1945