<< None < The Cracks | Lorraine Direct > GBH >>
For those who found The Cracks easy enough, Lorraine provides a great sister route.
1) 15m. Climb The Cracks to ledges at 12m - belay just above.
2) 4c, 15m. Go up leftwards over a bulge to reach a left-slanting groove. Follow this until a step left reaches the short chimney on The Cracks. Belay above the chimney as for The Cracks.
3) 4c, 15m. Climb the slabby corner-crack and a further crack to the pinnacle.
4) 4c, 18m. Climb the pinnacle and move right onto a ledge. Climb the main corner-crack right of The Cracks to block belays.
5) 4c, 15m. As for the final pitch of The Cracks.
FA. J.Barford, N.E.Morin 7.9.1941