<< The Ring < Fallen Block Crack/Black Gates | None > None >>
A great VDiff and well worth seeking out. Start 25m right of the fallen block at a narrow chimney with a flake leaning across it at half-height.
1) 18m. Ascend the chimney making good use of the flake. Follow a groove up a steep wall.
2) 20m. Climb the short, steep wall on the left, then follow the short crack to mantel into a niche. Step left and enter the crack above from behind. Follow this to a stance 5m higher.
3) 12m. Climb into the corner and traverse left along the ledge to a chimney. Climb the chimney to a ledge and good belay.
4) 20m. Easy, broken ground leads to a large grassy rake.
5) 40m. Follow the grassy rake rightwards to reach a large jumble of rocks - The Vestry.
6) 25m. Traverse to the chimney 6m to the right and climb up it.
FA. M.Guiness, W.McNaught, H.Carr 27.8.1925