<< Route of Knobs < The Black Gates | None > None >>
A classic of the Llanberis Pass, one of the best routes at the VDiff grade. Start 25m right of the fallen block at a narrow chimney with a flake leaning across it at half height.
1) 18m. Ascend the chimney making good use of the flake. Follow a groove up a steep wall.
2) 20m. Climb the short, steep wall on the left, then follow the short crack to mantel into a niche. Step left and enter the crack above from behind. Follow this to a stance 5m above.
3) 12m. Climb into the corner above and traverse left along the ledge to a chimney. Climb the chimney to a ledge and good belay.
4) 20m. Easy, broken ground leads to a large grassy rake.
5) 40m. Follow the grassy rake rightwards to reach a large jumble of rocks; The Vestry.
6) 25m. Traverse to the chimney 6m to the right. Climb easily up this.
FA. M.Guiness, W.McNaught, H.Carr 1925