<< None < Main Wall | Lubyanka > The Grooves >>
A good route with a tough final-pitch.
1) 4a, 26m. Follow Main Wall to the first stance, then move across to belay at the base of the chimney/groove on the right.
2) 4b, 15m. Climb the groove to meet Main Wall then step right to belay.
3) 5a, 40m. Climb a crack above, on dodgy rock, to another junction with Main Wall. Make a diagonal traverse left for 6m up a steep wall, then head back right up a gangway to a rest in a corner. Climb the steep wall above.
4) 4c, 15m. Climb the groove to the overhang. Teeter over poor rock on the right to gain a corner, then romp up the easy slab on the right to a good stance and belay.
5) 5b, 15m. This short tough pitch follows the easy crack on the left of the slab to the steep corner. Climb this (crux). Scramble off.
FA. J.Brown, D.Whillans 1953