<< None < Main Wall | Lubyanka > The Skull >>
A good route with a tough final-pitch.
1) 4a, 30m. Follow Main Wall to the first stance, then move across to belay at the base of the chimney/groove on the right.
2) 4b, 15m. Climb the groove to meet Main Wall then step up and right to belay.
3) 5a, 40m. Step back into the main groove and climb the crack above on dodgy rock, to another junction with Main Wall. Optional belay on the large triangular ledge on the right. Make a diagonal traverse left for 6m up a steep wall, then head back right up a gangway to a rest in a corner. Climb the wall above.
4) 4c, 15m. Climb the groove to the overhang. Teeter over poor rock on the right to gain a corner, then romp up the easy slab on the right to a good stance and belay.
5) 5b, 15m. Tackle the easy crack on the left of the slab to the steep corner. Follow this with difficulty to a stance. Scramble off.
FA. J.Brown, D.Whillans 22.3.1953