<< Subsidiary Slab < Horned Crag Route | Avalanche/Red Wall/Longland's Continuation > Terminator >>
A sustained outing leading to the classic scramble of Terminal Arete.
1) 4a, 30m. Follow the groove, forking right at its juction to reach a ledge. A quartz band on the right leads to a stance below a grass ledge.
2) 4a, 23m. A short groove up and left bypasses an overhang. Climb to the ledge above and belay below a prominent V-groove.
3) 4a, 25m. Step out leftwards and climb the slab until moves back right lead to another ledge above the last belay.
4) 30m. Traverse rightwards to a the arete of a quartzy wall. Climb up this to to a stance level with the grassy ledge on the left.
5) 30m. Follow the arete to a spike belay.
6) 35m. Easy climbing leads up and leftwards to a stance above the left-hand tip of the Great Terrace.
7) and 8) 120m. From here the classic finish Terminal Arete (D) leads to the summit.
FA. H.Jones, R.Backwell