<< Stepped Crack < Mossy Slab | Munich Climb > Overlapping Ridge Route >>
A great, long route up the striking ridge passing the overhang of 'the gash'.
Photo on page 117.
1) 45m. Start 20m left of South Gully, just above a widening in the terrace. Follow a small groove to an overlap at 9m. Turn this rightwards and climb easier ground up and right to ledges beneath the ridge proper.
2) 18m. Follow the ribbed wall up to the large sloping ledge beneath the roof. Belay on the far right beneath the chimney.
3) 20m. Follow the awkward chimney and climb the wall above leftwards to the ridge.
4) 38m. Follow the exposed and rough ridge (various belays possible).
5) 38m. Continue up the ridge to reach a good ledge below the final tower.
6) 17m. Climb the groove past a tricky roof.
FA. H.Buckle, G.Barlow 1902
Warning: this climb can be a wet, slippery line up the face when eveything else on the mountain is completely dry.
Simon Brown - 18/Mar/10
Login to your ROCKFAX account
to add your comments - Search for comments