<< Munich Climb < Overlapping Ridge Route | Belle Vue Bastion > Grooved Arete >>
Another classic outing up the long ridge 40m right of South Gully. Often called Second Pinnacle Rib ("FPR" is scratched on the rock here too!).
1) 25m. Climb a groove just right of the rib that marks the right-hand side of the large grassy bay to belay on blocks.
2) 30m. Climb the steep rib above.
3) 30m. Climb rock steps to a large stance.
4) 30m. GUIDEBOOK INCORRECT. Continue up the rounded arete above, then traverse left to a stance above the Yellow Slab on the previous route.
5) 35m. As for the previous route.
6) 25m. As for the previous route.
FA. J.Thompson, H.Hughes 1894
Think this route description might be wrong? Pitch 4 is a 25m ish diagonal traverse and if anything, easier than the other pitches. The topo looks correct. Definitely not 12m of 4b !
Nick Smith - 25/May/10
Login to your ROCKFAX account
to add your comments - Search for comments