<< Central Rib < Hope | Demetreus > Rowan Tree Slabs >>
The right-hand of the trio of saintly routes is often damp, though it is well worthwhile even in these conditions. Start under the right-hand sheet of slab where its undercut base ends.
1) 35m. Step up then trend left up the edge of the slab before heading direct to a big stance. Hard-won gear.
2) 30m. Follow the quartz rails out left to a crack and head up this to belay.
3) 16m. An easy groove and slab on the left lead to a stance under the steep west wall.
4) 28m. Climb leftwards onto the next sheet of slab then tiptoe up its left edge to a stance. A neat pitch.
5) 42m. More broken ground leads up then left to reach a polished step. Move up this and step left onto the large terrace below the upper walls. This pitch is shared with Hope.
Escape left along the 'Easy Way' or continue on upwards via a route on the Continuation Wall (next page).
FA. D.Pye, I.Richards, T.Picton 1916