<< Grey Slab < Grey Arete | Demetreus > Rowan Tree Slabs >>
The right-hand of the trio of saintly routes is often damp, though it is still well worthwhile. Start under the right-hand sheet of slab where its undercut base ends
1) 35m. Step then trend left up the edge of the slab before heading direct to a big stance
2) 30m. Follow the quartz rails out left to a crack and head up this to belay
3) 16m. An easy groove leads to a stance under the West Wall
4) 28m. Climb leftwards onto the next sheet of slab then tiptoe up its left edge to a stance. A neat pitch
5) 25m. More broken ground leads up then left to reach the large terrace below the upper walls. Escape left along the 'Easy Way' or continue on upwards.
FA. D.Pye, I.Richards, T.Picton 1916