<< Passchendaele < Flanders | Western Gully Direct Finish > The Somme >>
THE classic winter route of North Wales
1) 3, 40m. Climb the gully, passing a narrow chimney-like section (peg) to a cave belay where the gully widens
2) 4, 15m. Make an awkward move right around a jutting nose to gain a traverse line rightwards to a belay beneath a groove
3) 5, 30m. Climb a thin technical pitch up a groove in the slab and traverse left to the large cave belay in the main gully
4) 6, 12m. Step out right onto the thin and technical slab, and balance up this (1 or 2 pegs) to gain the gully above
5) 4, 20m. Go up the gully and grapple round a steep chockstone boulder
6) 1, 100m. Follow the easy gully to finish.