<< The Shining < Gemstone | To Boat or not To Be > The Shining >>
A long and vegetated route which has had few ascents although it was the third route to be climbed on the Little Orme. The pitch descriptions are difficult to follow so they are included here as they were first written. Start as for Gemstone.
1) 4c 20m. Gain the slab at the base of the ramp then move right and around to a peg belay down on the right.
2) 4c 30m. Climb the wall for 5m then move right to a seeping crack. Follow this to a ledge.
3) 4c 30m. Follow the groove on the left to a bulge. Step left and climb the slanting groove above to a ledge.
4) 4c 35m. Climb the wall then traverse left into a gully. Follow the arete on the left to a cave.
5) 4c 20m. Climb the chimney above until a traverse left just short of the top leads to a grassy bay.
FA. F.Cannings, T.Lewis 17.5.68