<< Es acabats < Peppermint | Le plaisir du geste > GR 4b+ >>
A brilliant combination of three routes. The first section is Le plaisir du geste - the left-hand line on the lowest face.
1) 6a, 2) 5+, 3) 5+. There are easier options to the right - see next page.
Walk across the ledge to the central tier where there is a choice of five routes. Jeanne starts slightly to the left.
4) 6a+. A super pitch up perfect rock. Belay by a bush.
5) 6a. Climb straight up from the belay (the line up and left of the belay is worth 6b+).
6) 5+. Easy climbing up the ridge.
The final route, Anaïs, tackles the magnificent upper wall of La Pelle via a corner and then the arete. Start by walking easily leftwards until you are below the upper corner.
7) 5+. A scrappy pitch up the corner.
8) 6a. Struggle up the wide corner above - tiring!
9) 5. Easy climbing leads up the ridge.
10) 5. More straightforward climbing to a small stance.
11) 6b. Great climbing in a stunning position. There is an uncomfortable exposed belay after the crux pull but you are best advised to push on to the top (5+) in a 35m pitch.
Descent - See opposite.