Accommodation Advertising on the Web Site
For a number of years we have offered accommodation adverts to people with houses, villas, bunkhouses and apartments in areas covered by our guidebooks. These have been very successful and most of our advertisers have come back year after year to renew. The bonus of advertising to a climber audience is that they tend to travel at times when other people don’t hence they are a valuable market in the ‘low season’ for accommodation.
Our Accommodation Listings - These consist of pages covering accommodation in the various areas covered by Rockfax guidebooks. Each listing appears on a general area page, plus it has its own page for a more extensive details.
|6 months||£150 (approx. €172*)|
|1 year||£220 (approx. €255*)|
|Enhanced Listing – 1 year||£300 (approx. €346*)|
|Including 12 month UKC/UKH Premier Classified (more info)||plus £75 (normal price £150) (approx. €86*)|
|VAT may be charged – see below**|
Enhanced Listings - These allow you to submit extra photos for your full listing page and also get a priority position on the general area page. They are available for 1 year only. Example – the full-width box at the top.
UKC/UKH Premier Classified - For just £75 (normal price £150) extra you can add a Premier Classified Listing for your accommodation on UKClimbing.com and UKHillwalking.com – the most popular climbing and mountaineering web sites in the World. This offer is only available to Rockfax advertisers who take out a 12 month standard or enhanced option. More information on Premier Classifieds on UKC/UKH.
- All adverts must be for a minimum period of 6 months.
- First time advertisers must make payment in advance.
* Payments must be made in GB pounds and any transfer fees must be accepted by the advertiser. Where there is a short fall we will either require an extra payment, or reduce the advertising period by a proportional amount.
** Payments from people resident in the UK are subject to VAT. Payments from people who live in Spain but have a UK bank account are not subject to VAT. Payments from non-UK residents are not subject to VAT.
Advertising within ROCKFAX books and MiniGUIDEs represents superb targeted advertising with a long life span.
- There are now over 234,000 ROCKFAX guidebooks in circulation, and well over a quarter of a million in print (335,500 – April 2014).
- There are over 150,000 ROCKFAX MiniGUIDEs in circulation.
- The majority of these publications are still being used.
- An advert in a magazine lasts for a month and then gets thrown away.
- An advert in a ROCKFAX guidebook lasts for years and is continually looked at every time the owner goes climbing!
Please email if you are interested in advertising in any of these forthcoming Rockfax print publications.
PDF MiniGUIDE Advertising - We have a number of downloadable PDF MiniGUIDEs to climbing locations all over the world. Within these there are plenty of possible positions for advertising. If there is a MiniGUIDE which you feel may be appropriate to you then please email for more information.