<< Munich Climb < Overlapping Ridge Route | North Buttress > Belle Vue Bastion >>
Another classic outing up the long ridge 40m right of South Gully. Often called Second Pinnacle Rib ("FPR" is scratched on the rock here too!).
1) 25m. Climb a groove just right of the rib that marks the right-hand side of the large grassy bay to belay on blocks.
2) 30m. Climb the steep rib above.
3) 30m. Climb rock steps to a large stance.
4) 12m. Continue up the rounded arete above, then traverse left to a stance above the Yellow Slab on the previous route.
5) 35m. Follow the curving rib to easier ground and a belay beneath the final wall.
6) 20m. Walk rightwards for 20m and belay,
7) 25m Either climb straight up Thompson's Chimney (S) a rite of passage for many traditional climbers, or head right and take an alternative route onto easier ground.
FA. J.Thompson, H.Hughes 1894
Think this route description might be wrong? Pitch 4 is a 25m ish diagonal traverse and if anything, easier than the other pitches. The topo looks correct. Definitely not 12m of 4b !
Nick Smith - 25/May/10
Login to your ROCKFAX account
to add your comments - Search for comments