El Realet Ridge
<< None < None | The Bernia Ridge > The Toix Ridge >>
Strike uphill through light brush to the base of the ridge.
1) Follow the narrowing and steepening arete (3 - red dots) to the summit of El Realet One (548m).
2) Continue along the awesome knife-edge ridge (4 c) past the occasional bolt - very exposed - to a midway summit.
3) From the midway summit, scrambling along the ridge gains a short step down, or jump (3 ) to easier ground that rises to the summit of El Realet Two (799m) - also marked on maps as Penya dels Castellets.
4) From the summit of El Realet Two, descend easily until a bolted abseil station is encountered as the ground starts to steepen.
5) Abseil 30m to less steep ground and scramble down to a col.
6) Continue along the exposed, castellated ridge (3 ) to a bolted abseil station.
7) Abseil 20m to a col.
8) Walk up the broad ridge to the summit of El Realet Three.
9) From the summit of El Realet Three, retrace your steps back along the ridge for 70m to a white patch of gravel.
10) Go down a ramp leftwards a short distance to the start of a vegetated gully. Don't go down the gully, instead, zig-zag down the vegetated face and pick up a vague path that again heads leftwards.
11) Follow the vague path for about 100m and locate an abseil point on the small ridge to the right (next to a pine tree).
12) Make a 25m abseil to ledges, and follow another vague path past some orange dots to another abseil point, just before the V-notch.
13) Either downclimb to the V-notch (4a ) or abseil to easy ground just below the V-notch.
14) Scramble down the path to easier ground and terraces, before heading across terraces to a low ridge on the right above a house. Follow the ridge to the road and pick-up point.