UKC

Forest Rock - Lucid Interval etc hold break

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alex P-W 05 Oct 2023

Hi All, 

Does anyone have any further information for the below message for the problems around Lucid Interval at Forest Rock? 

***This and various climbs nearby that use some of the same holds are best to be avoided until further notice due to a large hold breaking off causing nearby rock to become unstable*** Forest RockLucid interval (f7C)

Ally Smith 05 Oct 2023
In reply to Alex P-W:

Quote from Jack on Lucid Interval Sit Start (f8A) explains it "Broke the big left hand jug off but I’m not sure it actually changes much for this problem. Makes one clear moment a touch harder but still doable. Two of the worst spills I’ve had in an hour was enough to send me home."

Orrin Coley 05 Oct 2023
In reply to Alex P-W:

As mentioned by Ally, Jack unfortunately ripped the big sidepull off and had a hefty fall.

The broken hold has since been collected and will be repaired once the crag gets into better condition. With slate being a bit flakey from time to time we thought fixing it to make it stronger would be better than leaving a situation where more people could have potentially bad falls from loose rock over time.

I'd suggest leave it for the time being and you can go enjoy it again in (hopefully) the near future.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...