UKC

Friendly North Wales Bouldering

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 pietomb00 21 May 2021

Hi,

Can anyone recommend any particular crags with a concentration of <6c bouldering in North Wales? I'm going to be staying a little south of Conwy, and only have one pad so reasonable landings would be a plus. I suspect this might be a bit of a  broad request! 

Thanks

Luke01 21 May 2021
In reply to pietomb00:

Sheep pen or cromlech boulders spring to mind. 

In reply to pietomb00:

Have you got the guide so you can navigate around? If I had some time in north wales I’d get to the Pass early and head up to some of the nice problems behind Ynys ettws- ninja cut, Mark’s gritty sitter, killer weed etc. I reckon most of those are fine with a single pad and you get to have a nice walk in a beautiful place too. 

Alternatively, there is a nice circuit on the tanygrisiau boulders - minecraft wall, gcse arête, chemical brothers, bendigeidfran - actually probably need a couple of pads for that to make the escape left safer - may queen, Chris’ Kashmir curry etc. all fine with a pad and another nice place to spend the day.  

I also went to the pen y gwryd boulder a few years ago - impeccable rock quality and doable with an pad. Anyway, I could go on, north wales is great, have a nice time. 

OP pietomb00 22 May 2021
In reply to Wyre Forest Illuminati:

Thanks all for the ideas, so many options! 

I got the Boulder Britain book last time I was up there and made it up to the wavelength boulders. Debating trying to get my hands on the new book.

Most things that mention sheep pen say the landings can be a bit dodgy, are additional mats probably better for there? 

In reply to pietomb00:

I’d probably want a couple of pads and/ or a spotter at sheep pen tbf, although I am a notorious wimp.

Post edited at 19:21

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...