UKC

Has Parisella's Cave first 8C been done?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hi.

There is possible f8C problem at  Parisella's Cave according to UKC it has not been done.

Has any hardcore CoJ climber or elite athlete done it?

Doe anyone want to try it?

It is the described here Triggertrocity - Upper Cut (f8B+) in the second paragraph.

YVBIL

PS I am not going to try it 

Post edited at 19:10
In reply to Mountain Spirit:

Do you mind me asking what is it that attracts you to this particular venue? You've posted quite a lot of stuff about Parisella's. From very brief acquaintance, it's absolutely brutal, technical and unforgiving. You really need to be pretty strong, fit, moving well and able to put in the sessions to make progress there. 

Without wanting to sound harsh, if you're a relative beginner then there are so many more satisfying places to get to, especially in North Wales. You could go to RAC, for example, and have a brilliant day on some roadside problems. There is amazing quality throughout the grades in North Wales. Sitting in a grotty cave and getting shut down on the warm-ups would be pretty low on my list of priorities if I were you. 

In reply to Wyre Forest Illuminati:

Hi GT. We've communicated a few times before about important issues. ☺️🤗

> Do you mind me asking what is it that attracts you to this particular venue? You've posted quite a lot of stuff about Parisella's. From very brief acquaintance, it's absolutely brutal, technical and unforgiving. You really need to be pretty strong, fit, moving well and able to put in the sessions to make progress there. 

Have you been reading my threads here about CoJ? I think it's coastal location, reputation and approach that attracted me to P's C. Apparently Marine Drive is beautiful. I am very strong and fit and mobile I am sure you know about my Vinyasa Flow classes, bit do you about the CanaryWall Board Socials and my Calisthenics class at Font Wandsworth? I want to put all that stuff from Coach Ed workshops together and test them there. 

> Without wanting to sound harsh, if you're a relative beginner then there are so many more satisfying places to get to, especially in North Wales. You could go to RAC, for example, and have a brilliant day on some roadside problems. There is amazing quality throughout the grades in North Wales. Sitting in a grotty cave and getting shut down on the warm-ups would be pretty low on my list of priorities if I were you. 

My climbing started back when Yellow Spider was Craggy Sutton and the Tory-Lib Coalition came to power and the very kind Marcus Boal was one of the Duty Managers there. I know from UKC Rob Greenwood about the variety of bouldering in N. Wales but it is 21 degrees centigrade in Llandudno and I think it will be cool and refreshing in a cave. The one and only AO loves caves. According to Tom Randall climbers in their 40s need to maintain and build strength in various forms.

YVBIL

Team La Sportiva Solution Comp

Trainee CWI and Trainee DC 

PS. I have been suggested LWT area to get used to the holds there.  (London Weekend Television)  youtube.com/watch?v=tub93PAAO3k&

Post edited at 20:07

Graham Booth 10 Jun 2023

Troll or chat GPT

Removed User 10 Jun 2023

It's going to stink of piss in this hot weather.

In reply to Graham Booth:

If you mean the OP, neither. 

In reply to Graham Booth:

> Troll or chat GPT

I am a real person and an AI sceptic - not going to get into that here.

Ask any person UKC user that has met me - I go to Sheffied just to train at Depot and lead at The Foundry or AWCC.

YVBIL

Post edited at 20:08
In reply to Removed User:

Gentle breeze according to the beeb.

Post edited at 20:05

In reply to Stuart Williams:

> If you mean the OP, neither. 

Thanks 

Lankyman 10 Jun 2023

> It's going to stink of piss in this hot weather.

Goat or human (or both)?

CurlyStevo 10 Jun 2023

Have you actually sent either of Cypher f8B or Sabotage 8c+listed on yr profile? I think there may be some wishful thinking going on here. We both know the Mods, Diffs and VDiffs listed on your profile are what you can really climb. Listen to the people trying to direct you to more suitable venues.

Post edited at 20:30

I'm not trying to question your creds as a climber, I can just think of dozens of more receptive spots for anyone climbing lower/ intermediate grades in North Wales and wondered if you had heard of them. It's all good though, if you have your reasons and want to go to a particular place then all power to you. My advice would be to go with no expectations and enjoy the scene/scenery.

In reply to CurlyStevo:

Those

> We both know the Mods, Diffs and VDiffs listed on your profile are what you can really climb.

Those entries are all TR, Dnf, 2nd so even being able to climb M-VD is debatable...

In any event, the climbing at Parisella's really is a genre unto itself. Even back when I was bouldering in the 7b+/c range, I couldn't do the 6b-c warm-ups there! I did make reasonably short work of LWT, but that's because it's atypical - less steep and more about tenacity than power. Maybe I needed to have done some Vinyasa Flow classes!?

In reply to thebigfriendlymoose:

I did LWT before any of the easier problems. Even when I could lap LWT (I used to go there a lot) I still couldn't do RWT or the V4 warm-up. They both took a good few more sessions

In reply to CurlyStevo:

> Have you actually sent either of Cypher f8B or Sabotage 8c+listed on yr profile? I think there may be some wishful thinking going on here. We both know the Mods, Diffs and VDiffs listed on your profile are what you can really climb. Listen to the people trying to direct you to more suitable venues.

I logged them for special reasons and I think you know what those reasons are. The only person here who has advised me is WVI. 

I saw your post on the thread about o.s.

YVBIL

> I'm not trying to question your creds as a climber, I can just think of dozens of more receptive spots for anyone climbing lower/ intermediate grades in North Wales and wondered if you had heard of them. It's all good though, if you have your reasons and want to go to a particular place then all power to you. My advice would be to go with no expectations and enjoy the scene/scenery.

I know you are not. I have heard of a few of them and when I went with PyB many years ago I did climb at RAC boulders. I know off Ogwen Valley and Llanberis bouldering. I am up for the scene and scenery - apparently you can see the seals in the evening! I am looking forward to Fish and Chips by the sea. There is a climbing wall in Llandudno where I can do some indoor leads for CWI assessment. 

YVBIL

The entrance to the shopping centre where I went today and yesterday also stinks of piss.

YVBIL 

Post edited at 23:09

I sent you a dm.

YVBIL

Post edited at 23:09

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...