UKC

Northumberland Bouldering indoors and outdoors

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tew 18 Oct 2022

Searching for some local guidance.

I'll be just outside of Rothbury for a week family holiday with my wife and her extended family. I'll be aiming to get away for a session or few for some bouldering indoors at Willowburn leisure centre.

But if the weather is nice I would be keen to do some outdoors, but due to a recent mini family addition there's no space for a bouldering mat in the car. Are there any local spots where some mat-less bouldering is possible?

Ian W 18 Oct 2022
In reply to tew:

> Searching for some local guidance.

> I'll be just outside of Rothbury for a week family holiday with my wife and her extended family. I'll be aiming to get away for a session or few for some bouldering indoors at Willowburn leisure centre.

> But if the weather is nice I would be keen to do some outdoors, but due to a recent mini family addition there's no space for a bouldering mat in the car. Are there any local spots where some mat-less bouldering is possible?

Yes, plenty of opportunity for that (decent grassy landings) at several venues, but take a towel along to protect the rock from stuff you'd pick up on your shoes.....

Alternatively, have a look on fb at the County Psyche, NMC, or Wanneys CC page and maybe hook up with a friendly local who may well be willing to mat share. These will also be the best places for local conditions knowledge.

Enjoy!

JDal 18 Oct 2022

https://www.facebook.com/groups/530787031093350 has all the free Topos available, there's a few in the area. I think Gimmerknowe and The Stell would have enough mat-less stuff to be worth a visit.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...