UKC

Peak V10 and 8a recommendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Little Butch 31 Jul 2023

Please forgive me for using two different grading systems in the title!

I’ve set myself a goal of bouldering 7c+/v10 by the end of the winter so I’m looking for a project that inspires me. Ideally somewhere in the peaks as that’s the closest area (still 3.5hrs away). I’d say my strength lies with steeper climbs that are quite powerful but am open to any lines that look fun and inspiring. 

8a is more of a long term goal but would be great to have some boulders in mind for the future to get psyched on!

Toms_Lost 01 Aug 2023

Roaches Lower TierInertia Reel Traverse (f8A+)Mushin' (f7C+)

In reply to Little Butch: mushin 7c+ in Lower tier at the roaches and next to it is a Jerry Moffat traverse called inertia reel traverse at 8a+

teapot 03 Aug 2023
In reply to Little Butch:

Where are you based? Surely got to be some local bouldering closer than 3.5 hours.

To make that jump i.e. one 7B to 7C+ in 6 months is obviously ambitious, but no harm in that. 

Ideally you need a local crag ideally less than an hour's drive, where you can get on it regularly and when conditions are optimal. Trading off quality for convenience is worth it if the main focus is hitting a certain grade

Some kind of link up might be a good option. Say one that has a 7B and 7C+ version. Not so common on grit, but there are definitely some limestone problems that would be suitable. 

Also it would be worth choosing a project in your favoured style.  

MischaHY 03 Aug 2023
In reply to Little Butch:

There's some really nice options at 7C that would be excellent steps along the road. 

I'd suggest Brass Monkeys (f7C) and The Terrace (f7C).

Help the Young Sit-start (f7C+) is a fairly powerful 7C+ and could be a good option. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...