UKC

1 week in November - suggestions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 NorthernGoat 17 Jul 2023

I've acquired a child and spouse free week at the beginning of November. I don't really climb anymore so I'm looking for a week of trailrunning/light weight backpacking somewhere. I thought about about the T de Mount Blanc, but realized all the huts are closed, I'm guessing this will be the same for most of the Alps and bigger European mountains. 

Where would you go? What locations are going to be accessible? I'm fairly open to suggestions so shoot away. 

Lankyman 17 Jul 2023
In reply to NorthernGoat:

Mallorca would probably be OK. I've walked lots in the mountains there but never done that GR trail thing that goes through the Tramuntama. I've only seen snow once on the tops and I think that was in December and fairly short-lived.

Martin Haworth 17 Jul 2023
In reply to NorthernGoat: Morocco, Himalayas, Corsica.

chris_r 17 Jul 2023

> I don't really climb anymore

You've got 3 months to get back into it. It's never too late.

Badpanda 18 Jul 2023

Another vote for Corsica. Everyone thinks about the GR 20, but there are several lower level routes eg Mare e Monti -which have a great rep and should be below the snow line 

They were designed to bring walkers into villages, so there is a chance of gîtes d’étapes etc being open in November. And Corsicans are incredibly friendly. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...