UKC

Albania climbing topos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 archibaldie 12 Sep 2023

Hi there, I’m off to Albania at the end of the week, and I’ve struggled to find any details about climbs. Many websites direct you to the climbing albania website, but this is non-existent at the moment.

Has anyone got the topos or know where I could get them?

thank you,

archie

rattusrattus 12 Sep 2023
In reply to archibaldie:

There's a fairly active Facebook group for climbing in Albania. When we were there, didn't climb, I spoke with people working at the campsite in Gjipe and they seemed to have info on the lines there. 

It's an amazing country, I'm desperate to return. I'd highly recommend a gentle approach to their raki, I ended up having a shot of it with every pint at the insistence of some Albanian friends and spent about 36 hours incapable of keeping any food down.

The Accursed Mountains are beautiful, and well worth a trip. The hostel in Shkoder can help with logistics for a trip there.

Babika 12 Sep 2023
In reply to rattusrattus:

I agree about the Accursed Mountains!

I'm sleeping at the bottom of them atm on the Montenegrian side - right up by the Albanian border. Can't wait to get up high on the limestone tomorrow Zla Kolata looks nice and scrambly. 

OP archibaldie 12 Sep 2023

Thanks for the advice, I got chatting to someone from the albania climbing group, who mentioned that there are now printed guides available for the crags near Tirana, and for other places I believe 27crags has the details, but you need a premium account.

This isn’t my first trip to albania, so I learnt about the raki the hard way

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...