UKC

Anyone been to Gozo?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 maybe_si 03 Oct 2023

We are looking at heading there 4-11 Nov.  I've got a knackered knee currently so won't be climbing, more likely a bit of scuba diving and maybe some cycling and bimbling around.

If anyone has been and has any nuggets of wisdom it would be appreciated.  Places to go, things to do, things to avoid, etc.  The dive school we have been recommended is on the North of the island but as far as I can see the place is tiny any way!  We will have a hire car.

Thanks.

nniff 04 Oct 2023
In reply to maybe_si:

It's a nice place.  The churches are mental - you'll see what I mean. 

Cycling's nice enough and whole lot safer than on Malta.  Confucius, he say, "Man who goes cycling at seaside must ride uphill or drown" - be prepared for the slog out from any bay...

Beach restaurant at Mgarr ix-Xini highly recommended. On the south coast, a bit east of centre...

Climbing and diving at M i-X too.  You'll pass a funny tower thing on the left on the way down and there's a range of crags in the valley below that.  Sea level traversing at M-iX too.  Otere scrags are available

Climbing is developing - Stevie Haston is there still I believe, although apparently more into free diving 

The descent down to the Blue Hole on a bike is great fun.  See above for the return trip...

PaulJepson 04 Oct 2023
In reply to maybe_si:

The tap water tastes rank cos it's all desalinated. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...