UKC

Font by car vs Paris ULEZ

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Stob Dearg 05 Aug 2023

Can someone explain how the Paris ULEZ affects driving to Font?

I've found the information bewildering - I don't need to go inside the Perifique but I can't tell if I can go inside the A86 outer ring road.  There seems to be a wide range of contradictory information, dates, times and some bits seem to have delayed implementation.  I know I need a Crit'Air...

Post edited at 20:58
 ebdon 05 Aug 2023
In reply to Stob Dearg:

It's very easy to avoid the Paris ULEZ to get to font, go around the east side near the airport. The ULEZ zone is pretty obvious on Google maps

DizzyT 05 Aug 2023
In reply to Stob Dearg:

I once hitchhiked from Cambridge and a lovely woman picked us up from the A14 and drove us to Font, paying even for the ferry. Key advice, hitchhike in white tie.

Post edited at 22:38
 GrahamD 05 Aug 2023
In reply to Stob Dearg:

The emissions sticker costs peanuts. 

yorkshireman 06 Aug 2023
In reply to GrahamD:

> The emissions sticker costs peanuts. 

4,61€ to be precise.

https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/

Easier just to get one if you've got time. 

In reply to Stob Dearg:

We got the sticker just in case but didn't go anywhere near the zone. And it didn't apply on weekends.

TobyA 07 Aug 2023
In reply to Longsufferingropeholder:

I was in 'Bleau last week and likewise got the sticker just in case. I enjoyed the almost but not quite correct English on the instructions on how to stick a sticker to your windscreen! We did go to Versailles and Disneyland though, so it seemed easier to get one than work out exactly where you do and don't need it. We did drive into central Dijon earlier this week so I didn't even need to check if that'd one of the cities that is covered by the scheme. 

alan moore 07 Aug 2023
In reply to Stob Dearg:

We bought the ticket online during the drive down, so didn't have a sticker, just the confirmation email.

Used the inner ring road at rush hour as Google said it was fastest: two hours of bonnet jousting through dense traffic. 

In reply to alan moore:

Never trust Google maps near Paris. We always have someone actively navigating once past senlis.

In reply to TobyA:

Never got to the installation part; I think ours is still in the glove box.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...