UKC

Free uplift in Swiss alps

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tyler 06 Aug 2023

A number of years ago I recall some Swiss valleys providing free uplift on ski lifts for people staying in the valley. Does anyone know of any schemes like that running? I also notice a Swiss travel pass gives half price travel on many cable cars but there’s no price for this on the website, anyone know how it stacks up against paying full price. Finally, if I go it’ll be first two weeks of September, are most lifts still running?

In reply to Tyler:

If you stay in Saas Fee or Grund your tourist tax covers the cost of a lift pass. Though I don’t think the Mittelallalin train is covered.

There’s more info about the Swiss Half Card here: https://www.sbb.ch/en/travelcards-and-tickets/railpasses/half-fare-travelca...

OP Tyler 06 Aug 2023
In reply to Tom Ripley Mountain Guide:

Thank you, that’s what I was thinking of

Rob Exile Ward 06 Aug 2023
In reply to Tyler:

Yes but... the tourist tax is practically the same cost as camping fees,  so doubles the cost of a stay. You don't get owt for nowt!

freeflyer 07 Aug 2023
In reply to Tyler:

Many of the lifts are part of the Swiss public transport system so are open all year except for a maintenance period, either in late autumn or late spring. You will need to check the lifts you would like to use. In some areas (eg Aletscharena) you can get a weekly pass covering multiple lifts and a few train stations if that is what you need

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...