UKC

How busy is Kalymnos in April

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Johnhi 29 Jan 2024

I've got the chance to join some folk out on Kalymnos at the beginning of April.  I'm just wondering how busy it will be that time of year?  My first thought was that the crags will be rammed, given how popular it is, which is something I absolutely would not enjoy.

Is it possible to get away from the people, or is it just not the place for someone who'd rather be in the back end of beyond?

​​​

In reply to Johnhi:

Early April is ideal, much cooler and quieter than October but busy enough to feel lively. 

Cool enough to climb the big routes on the big, high sunny faces. Cool enough to walk up to them easily too.

Try to time your trip to catch the greek Easter celebrations, explosive.

Iamgregp 29 Jan 2024
In reply to Johnhi:

There’s so many crags there even if you’re there in the busiest time in October, it’s perfectly possible to find quiet crags. Sure they may be a little more of a walk, but there’s some absolutely fantastic crags that get relatively few visits.

mik82 29 Jan 2024
In reply to Johnhi:

Whenever I've been, towards the end of April/early May, there's always been plenty of space. The crags directly above Masouri and a few other honeypots such as Arginonta  were busy but with transport and being prepared to walk more than 10 minutes we never had to queue for routes etc - and some places we were the only people there.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...