UKC

Llech Ddu conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Having missed the June window to get onto this crag it'd be nice to make use of the current weather if possible.

Can anyone local/knowledgeable comment on likely conditions? We're particularly looking at The Groove or Great Corner (although I see that there might have been a rockfall in the upper pitches).

ebdon 07 Sep 2023
In reply to Frank the Husky:

From experience of doing the groove after a mega dry spell (even then it was still pretty slimy) I would imagine p2 would be quite wet still at the moment.

In reply to ebdon:

Thanks. I'm guessing you still managed in in some form or another though?

I missed the best time to do it this year as I was up in Scotland, but I'm still hopeful.

We did the groove about this time of year after a dry spell. I was the support act for a hard rock mission and was supposed to get the odd pitches. Halfway up the first I put a sketchy sling over a tiny flake, came back down and said "This is your problem". Pitch one was sawanobori ending in a harrowing pull into a dripping jungle. It got better after that, but not better enough to make up for it.

ebdon 07 Sep 2023

Yes, it was fine, I think the grade includes some level of slime, all part of the experience! you can bridge past most of it but need to get a bit involved for the gear.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...