UKC

Mallorca - Summer Accommodation ideas?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jcoup 28 Jun 2023

Anyone got any recommendations for cheap accom in Mallorca? We are going for deep water solo and will be renting a car. First time out there so would love to hear any suggestions! 

thanks 

Tom Last 28 Jun 2023
In reply to jcoup:

I liked Santanyi. Great for Es Pontas, ha ha ha. Seriously though, lovely place with a tiny wee bit of easier stuff right in the cala too. The bigger venues are all a bit further up the coast so we needed a car which was a pain in summer - car hire being for us at that time more expensive than the room. That said, you'll likely need a car for Barques wherever you happen to stay.

The DWS was manageable but not ideal in the summer months as the sun is too high to penetrate the caves. Have fun, it's a great place. 

OP jcoup 28 Jun 2023
In reply to Tom Last:

Thanks Tom. Appreciate it! You mean it was too hot for DWS? never been on a trip just for that but though it would be okay in the summer months from what I have read

Tom Last 28 Jun 2023
In reply to jcoup:

No worries

Kind of yes, there's a lot of greasiness which just doesn't burn off in the summer months that easily as the Sun is pretty high overhead. Autumn is generally considered (I believe) to be a better season for DWS in Mallorca. That said it was still absolutely mega and I wasn't there thinking "oh I wish it was September..." or anything as the sea was about 30⁰ for one thing!

It'll be bonza I'm sure. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...