UKC

Range West Briefings Advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 maninblack 31 Mar 2023

Hi all, I plan on attending one of the briefings this year and wondered if you need to book a place or just turn up, is it limited for numbers, is it twenty minutes or a couple of hours, do you get a certificate or something then to prove you have been???

Thanks in advance 

fammer 31 Mar 2023
In reply to maninblack:

Just turn up, takes about half an hour to 45 minutes. You fill in a form and then they keep your name on a list, you then have to check in at the camp any day you want to go on the range. 

NaCl 31 Mar 2023
In reply to maninblack:

I've only done it the once but if memory serves me right it's fairly casual and there's no need to book. We didn't certainly at any rate. Just turn up before the talk start time and then afterwards you have to sign a disclaimer type affair that you hand back in. It's all very easy and the rules are very common sense frankly. 

The whole things maybe an hour all in? You don't get owt to take away except for the warm glow of knowing you aren't going to blow yourself up

In reply to maninblack:

You'll have plenty of the day left, no need to worry about that. The briefing itself takes about 25-35 mins. The unpacking of the car park can sometimes take quite a while afterwards. And if you want to get on the range the same day you'll take your paperwork to the guardhouse and join a queue rather than handing it in at the briefing. Expect about an hour and you won't be too disappointed.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...