UKC

Recommendations for France - Via Ferrata/Easy Sport

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 steveoracle 08 Jun 2023

Hi,

Looking for recommendations for good areas/places to stay in Southern France in July. Looking for easy sport, via ferrata, mountain walking etc. Was in Briancon a few years ago and loved it, somewhere with similar access to activities would be great.

Cheers,

Ste

ChrisJD 08 Jun 2023
In reply to steveoracle:

The Ecrins is really hard to beat for all those things.

In reply to steveoracle:

Hi, 

As mention the Écrins is great for this around Briancon, there is thousands of climbs across 5 different rock types and lots of easy stuff. 

Plus 26 Via Ferrata, I have made a free app guide top the via ferrata's if you search Ecrins Briancon Via Ferrata where you get your apps you should find it or the info is on my site ecrinscollective.com 

happy to help if you have questions.

Cheers Rob

Post edited at 17:40
OP steveoracle 08 Jun 2023
In reply to ecrinscollective:

Hi Rob,

Great stuff, Briancon now booked so will be checking out your info and links. Can I assume good weather in the area in early June (given normal mountain unpredictability).

Cheers, Steve

In reply to steveoracle:

Hi Steve,

Do you mean start of July? Normally its very good then. This part of the alps is the most stable, Briancon boast 300 days of sunshine a year. I would say it has changed a bit of the years I have been here and maybe that is over cooking it a bit. but it is normally very good for getting out.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...