UKC

Großglockner / Großverdiener / Hoher Göll

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 FockeWulf 09 Apr 2024

Following on from my previous post last year (after summiting Mont Blanc and Gran Paradiso) the trip is now locked in for September 2024 and we’ve decided:

- Großglockner (guided)

- Großverdiener 

-Hoher Göll

When we are down from Glockner, we depart from our guide and head to Neukirchen (the north side of Großvenediger) and I would like to know if anyone has climbed it from this side, which is the “best” (?) route as there seems to be 2 or 3 main valleys to head down, and the following huts:

Neue Thüringer Hütte (x2?)

Kürsingerhütte

Obersulzbachhütte

Also, what the crevasse situation is like? Etc.

Hoher Göll is a mountain we attempted in spring last year, snow conditions were not good so we tired back. This will be done via Mannelgrat, then down Alpental.

Thanks 

Post edited at 22:36
 McHeath 09 Apr 2024
In reply to FockeWulf:

I tried googling a mountain called Großverdiener, but no joy  - I´m presuming that´s a typo for Großvenediger? "Großverdiener" is a common German word meaning "big earner"

The normal route starts at the Kürsingerhütte and is an easy tour; there shouldn´t be any crevasse problems, but September´s a long way away. The hut will give you details if you ring them a few days before your planned ascent.

Post edited at 23:08
 tjekel 12 Apr 2024
In reply to FockeWulf:

Depending on where you descend from Großglockner, it might be a better bet to traverse Grossvenediger via Prager hut (up)- Kürsinger hut (down). There are crevasses, but in September you should easily identify them.

Manndlgrat is the most popular route on Göll, with lots of Hitler adoring folks around. If you don't like these idiots, i suggest a round trip up via Purtscheller hut, down via Hohes Brett and Stahlhaus.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...