UKC

Valais conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 OG 15 Jun 2023

Can anyone advise on current conditions in Valais, specifically in the Saas and Monte Rosa / Zermatt areas?

Heading there in about a week and a half, and struggling to find much info online, although I gather there is lots of snow in other parts of the Alps eg Chamonix.

Thank you in advance!

Hannah V 16 Jun 2023
In reply to OG:

Great snow cover around Saas! Perfect if you want to do snow routes Have only been on the Lagginhorn (15 june) and the entire west ridge is snow covered. Weissmies from Hohsaas also has a good track on it.

Post edited at 14:48
OP OG 16 Jun 2023
In reply to Hannah V:

thank you! Is that the same west ridge that is usually a steep walk up loose dirt? Sounds like big improvement! Did you see if the Lagginhorn S ridge was being done?

Gemmazrobo 16 Jun 2023
In reply to OG:

Yup that west ridge we also did yesterday morning and was a very pleasant snow romp. There was no tracks on the S ridge and it still looked pretty snowy. The NNE face(Dreieselwand) of lenzspitz onto nadelhorn was done today and good conditions reported. Mischabelhütte opens tomorrow. 

Hannah V 17 Jun 2023
In reply to Gemmazrobo:

I think I might have passed you and your friend on the ridge when I was about halfway down

Post edited at 06:12

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...