UKC

How much do you have

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 echo34 22 Sep 2023

I’ve been having a bit of a gear purge recently as over the years I have acquired quite a lot of outdoor kit, most of which overlaps in purposes and generally doesn’t offer much over my core outfit. 

How much outdoor gear do people generally have? I’m trying to get rid of most of the excess and just get down to the main items I use regularly. Although it sometimes seems silly selling things for a fraction of the price. 
Clothing seems like the main culprit, my technical hardware is fairly compact. 

so how much stuff/gear do you have and how much of it gets regularly used? Perhaps it’s just a function of our economic model that requires vast quantities of equipment, it seems to me that I could probably get rid of 90% of my kit and still be quite happy

bouldery bits 22 Sep 2023
In reply to echo34:

Too much and yet, somehow, still not enough. 

wiwwim 22 Sep 2023
In reply to echo34:

if rock was a bit more uniform, i wouldn't need all the different shapes and sizes of gear.  But that would be boring.  DMM have got us by the short and curlies I reckon, so shiny!

olddirtydoggy 22 Sep 2023
In reply to echo34:

Personally never got the whole collecting kit so we tend to replace things as we wear them out with better replacements. Very little kit over a few activities we don't use.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...