UKC

LS Batura repair

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Roberttaylor 20 Oct 2023

My Baturas are getting pretty worn out; a result of using them for several Scottish winters! The only part causing me real concern is the plastic lip that holds my front bale; a crampon has popped off once before when mixed climbing as a result of this.

There's a hole in the rand, but that doesn't cause any issues.

Any recommendations for getting this repaired? It wouldn't be fixed by a resole. I could possibly send them to LS (waaaaaay outside of warranty), but I'm checking on here in case anyone has a better idea.

Rob

cacheson 21 Oct 2023
In reply to Roberttaylor:

Hey Rob, if you get a full resole inc. midsole they will replace the plastic lip. I had this done to a pair of my Nepals after wearing them down to the extent that there was no lip at all, and they came good. Worth checking with the usual suspects (LSR, resoles.co.uk etc) to see if they have the midsoles you need. I don't know about the hole in the rand.

Chris

Rampart 21 Oct 2023

I think Sportiva officially favour Feet First for UK resoles; but probably any of the usual candidates would do.

steveb2006 21 Oct 2023

I got my LS Nepals sorted by Feetfirst - new sole and midsole - which is what you want. Did a good job on mine. They do (or did) have quite a long lead time though so I should get them in quickly for the coming winter season.

Steve

OP Roberttaylor 21 Oct 2023

Cheers all (hi Chris!), I'd better get them sent off asap before the Ben comes in.

OP Roberttaylor 26 Oct 2023

Update for when someone inevitably finds this thread on encountering the exact issue; feet first.

mcawle 26 Oct 2023

Realise the thread is solved, but for posterity - Lancashire Sports Repairs also do this for Sportiva boots - had this same aspect replaced on my Nepal Cubes and they did a great job.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...