UKC

Lupine penta headlight, any experiences?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GarethSL 27 Jan 2024

So I'm looking for a helmet mountable, non-external battery headlight for evening skiing in early winter.

Had a hell of a faff with my BD Storm which is brillant for climbing, but having it on a helmet for skiing, it just would not stay put (no proper headlight mounts), and was tedious (impossible to use) when also using goggles.

When living in Svalbard I used a Lupine Pikka, for ski touring and scootering, this was one hell of a headlight. I had this mounted to my helmet just above where my goggles sat, with external battery wired inside my jacket to keep it warm. This system worked great but it was mounted permanently for the dark season and was in no way a convenient thing to remove. Mounting the battery on the back of the helmet was also not great due to the weird weight distribution and I looked a bit like I was off to boot in Bin Ladens front door. So in short, I no longer have the Pikka.

The Lupine Penta however, is a 1000 lumen, USB-C rechargeable headlight with internal battery seems ideal for what I'm after - it has a £10 adapter plate that means it fits the Lupine helmet mounts I have floating around. 

So, Essay over... Has anyone used the Penta? And, if so, has it let you down in any way?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...