UKC

Teva alternatives

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Had Teva sandals for years... the more rugged type. Never had a pair that lasted less than 3 years and they genueily have been used and abused.

They get used for at least spring summer and autumn and into winter, multiple miles a week, been up mountains, scrambled in yada yada yada... couldnt fault them.

Replacement needed this year so ordered Teva Terra FI 5 and within a month of light use the strap near heel pulled out of the sole... thought this was just a fault and sent back and got a replacement and the same happened again within a month!!

So what are the go to options for rugged sandal... or is TEVA the main option and this is maybe a batch problem

LastBoyScout 02 Aug 2023
In reply to idiotproof (Buxton MC):

Never had any quality issues with my Teva sandals - I've got Terra Fi 4, I think. Very comfortable, but ridiculously heavy!

Also got a pair of Hurricanes I use for messing around on boats, as they're rubbish for walking in - I can feel the strap under my feet.

Really wish Teva would re-issue the Toachi 2, as they are far and away the best sandals I've ever owned, but mine are wearing out

Had a Source pair which were really good until part of the sole fell off - think the glue couldn't take the heat in Egypt.

Otherwise, I had a pair of Merrell that lasted years and currently got a lightweight pair of Blaze Sieve, which are very comfy, but have an annoyingly short ankle strap.

james Campbell 02 Aug 2023

Bedrock sandals are great, I’ve had the Cairn 3d for 2 years and they look as new. They’re obviously very expensive and the thong design is not for everyone… 

Post edited at 14:39
 artif 02 Aug 2023

Just looking to replace my Ecco sandals, after 6years of hard use.

Another option are luna sandals for a more barefoot style

Inhambane 02 Aug 2023

Can vouch for Luna's have done around 2000km in them so far and still doing well. The straps take a few weeks of breaking in getting used to the adjustment but once that's done you don't really touch them. 

Doug 02 Aug 2023

can you get Mephisto in the UK ? I'm on my 2nd pair but the first lasted several years & are still wearable,just that the soles are worn smooth. I think I have https://www.mephisto.com/fr/brice-5121683.html , expensive but long lasting.

john arran 02 Aug 2023

I have a cheapish pair of own-brand sandals from Decathlon that I've virtually lived in (well, those and flip-flops) for the past 8 summers or so. Probably cost around 20€ on sale and can't fault them.

robert-hutton 02 Aug 2023

Me and my partner purchased some Reef sandals in 1986 and used them since, think they will outlast us.

Thanks, will look at all those options

John Gresty 04 Aug 2023

I found that a lot of makes of sandals did not match my toe profile. However Merrell Kahuna 111 suit my toe profile and I find they work very well in all situations, I do agree that the strap is rather short but as never caused me any problems, wearing a pair at the moment.

John

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...