UKC

Course cancellation insurance

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gimmergimmer 15 Aug 2022

I've been looking at hiring a mountain guide for a day in the UK. As it's close to the time I wouldn't be able to  cancel the  cost should something unforseen happen. One guide suggested course cancellation insurance. Does anyone know of such insurance. And can recommend anyone. Thanks

LucaC 15 Aug 2022
In reply to gimmergimmer:

I always recommend clients take out insurance to cover them in case of not being able to attend, but never suggest any specific policies. Actually advising on insurance requires proper licensing and registration. 

BMC will cover you for illness or injury stopping you attending, have a look at page 6 here: https://www.thebmc.co.uk/modules/insurance/r/downloads/BMC%202021_22_1221%2... 

Other than that, what could you imagine going wrong? Probably worth checking any general travel insurance policies will cover you for rock climbing/mountaineering, if that's not an activity covered on the insurance it's unlikely that the booking would be covered.

Jenny C 15 Aug 2022
In reply to gimmergimmer:

How long is it for? Most, annual policies cover UK trips but often require two nights of booked accommodation.

Or will the guide offer to reschedule rather than refund if you have to cancel? 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...