UKC

Y3P Vs W3P HELP Please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tilly flo 30 Aug 2023

Morning All,

I'm sure this has been asked time and time again...

We have completed the Y3P during the summer and are now planning the W3P (not3000) in October.

Not the fittest in the world but capable of walking 20 -30 miles non stop happily on the flat. Obviously doing some leg work but no hills round here.

So how big is the difference between the two we will not be driving between nor will we be walking .

All help and advice greatly received. TIA

compost 30 Aug 2023
In reply to tilly flo:

Do you mean Yorkshire 3 Peaks and Wharfedale 3 Peaks?

timjones 30 Aug 2023
In reply to tilly flo:

> So how big is the difference between the two we will not be driving between nor will we be walking .

The answer tot the question porbably depends on the mode of transport that you "will not be driving"

Are we talking about a push bike, an e-bike, a motor bike, a paramotor......?

OP tilly flo 30 Aug 2023
In reply to compost:

Yorkshire then Welsh. Thanks for reading x

Andy Hardy 30 Aug 2023
In reply to tilly flo:

What are the Welsh 3s (if not the 14x 3000ft ones?)

mike123 30 Aug 2023
In reply to tilly flo:

> So how big is the difference between the two we will not be driving between nor will we be walking .

Do you have Wings ?

OP tilly flo 30 Aug 2023
In reply to Andy Hardy:

Snowdon, Cader Idris, Pen Y Fan in 24Hrs?

OP tilly flo 30 Aug 2023
In reply to mike123:

A man who can I meant I will not be doing the driving. 

I wish I had wings!!!!

stani 30 Aug 2023
In reply to tilly flo:

From a quick search on google... its 17 miles (so less distance than the yorkshire 3) but there's more accent......

The main difference I can see is that they are a fair distance apart..... are you driving between said 3 welsh peaks and then just walking up them??? If so, it seems abit dull and not much of a challenge IMO... same as my view on the national 3.

compost 30 Aug 2023
In reply to tilly flo:

I haven't done the walking-driving challenges but doing this in October means your night-time nav will need to be good (and presumably you won't see any views of/ from the last peak) 

https://www.theordinaryadventurer.com/advice/welsh-3-peaks/

Doghouse 30 Aug 2023
In reply to compost:

That's all we need, another mountain 'challenge' where you're expected to drive between the hills

GerM 30 Aug 2023
In reply to Doghouse:

It is a big day out, but this is pretty doable in a day with cycling between the mountains too.

timjones 30 Aug 2023
In reply to compost:

> I haven't done the walking-driving challenges but doing this in October means your night-time nav will need to be good (and presumably you won't see any views of/ from the last peak) 

If you make sure that you do Snowdon and/or Pen Y Fan in the dark the navigation is pretty simple.

In reply to tilly flo:

The welsh 3 peaks is pretty unpopular with people who live nearby and has resulted in some MRT callouts. If you must attempt a hillwalking challenge please consider something that doesn't involve driving between the peaks. If you want a long day the welsh 3000s is good objective, as is the aran - waun-oer - cadair ridgeline from Llanuwchllyn to Fairbourne.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...