UKC

Lakes trad partner

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Treesandrocks 16 Feb 2024

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for someone to go climbing with. At the moment I climb regularly at Eden Rock but all of my pals are boulderers and have no interest in trad climbing. I, however, am a trad climber and have no interest in outside bouldering.

I'm 34, based in Penrith, been climbing for 20 years or so. I work Monday to Friday so I'm only available evenings and weekends. I've got a decent trad rack with half ropes, sport rack and single rope and most importantly, my own transport.

If anybody fancies meeting up for a climb at Kendal, Kong or Eden Rock drop me a message.

Thanks

Andy

trying.soft 17 Feb 2024
In reply to Treesandrocks:

Hey there,

When the weather improves I like going to the Lakes on my days off (as it dries much quicker than Scotland cliffs) to climb E1/E2 multipitches (Scaffell North and East, Gimmer, Pavey...) If you're up for that sort of thing.

Send me a PM if you want to keep in touch

MeMeMe 17 Feb 2024

Hey Andy,

there are actually quick a few trad climbers at Eden rock, it's just sometimes you don't always know, for instance I know you from Eden Rock but I'm actually mainly a trad climber!

I'm weekends and evenings too, I'll give you a shout next time I see you.

- Mike.

mikekeswick 24 Feb 2024

Hi, I am always keen to get out in the Lakes. Let me know when you fancy getting out.

Mike

jdh90 24 Feb 2024

Eden Valley Mountaineering Club are based in Penrith, we are meeting Weds nights at the leisure centre wall at the minute, but that switches to local crag meets in the summer.  Also two monthly weekend meets for climbing and scrambling, then a handful of full weekends away e.g. Wales, Peak, Scotland.

I'm 33, there's a good number a similar age plus more experienced members.  Id say that most meets the grades climbed are about VS but there's a few in the club who lead harder, and a good number that could second harder if thats what you're leading.

If you pop along on a Wednesday night you'll bump into us. EVMC website or Facebook page has photos of recent meets if you want more of a feel.

Kayvon 24 Feb 2024

> .... but all of my pals are boulderers and have no interest in trad climbing. 

After 6 years of bouldering I went to see my friend do a bit of his trad climbing, mid route he took rather big fall and one of the protections came off. He laughed then looked up and carried on climbing. 

Trad climbing is scary, it's a different game.

I'm planning to do some this summer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...