UKC

Arthritic /inflexible hands and guitar playing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bob Kemp 24 Mar 2024

I struggle to spread my fingers enough for a lot of chords and scales these days. My little finger in particular turns in towards the other fingers. Can anyone recommend any good exercises that are particularly focused on guitar playing? I do a few generic finger exercises already but I wondered if there was anything better. 

cwarby 24 Mar 2024
In reply to Bob Kemp:

Your not alone. I retired and took up bass. My pinkie definitely turns in, way too much crimping! My tutor just tries to find ways round and said it's unlikely 30yrs of climbing is going to be reversed.

Pedro50 24 Mar 2024
In reply to Bob Kemp:

Have you got Dupetryns? It doesn't bother me, I don't play guitar but in extreme circumstances it can be operated on:

Post edited at 19:00

riff156 24 Mar 2024

I have the same problem in my index and middle finger due to osteoarthritis, apparently nothing they can do, I’ve just tried to adapt my playing to suit these days, I’m not sure there are any specific excercises for it though not that I’ve come across, I do take all the supplements  going to help ease the pain though and hopefully keep them fluid, also had to re adjust climbing ideas as crimps can be quite painful too 🙁 just got to make the best of it I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...