UKC

Footie Bants 23/24.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Myfyr Tomos 27 Oct 2023

I've just realised that there isn't a current footie thread on here. Might as well start one, just to update everybody as to what's going on, like... 😛

Tony the Blade 28 Oct 2023
In reply to Myfyr Tomos:

I'm pleased your screen grab cropped mid-table.

It would appear that we're looking to break records this season. Derby County (2007-08) we have you in our sights! 

hokkyokusei 28 Oct 2023
In reply to Myfyr Tomos:

So it was Harry Kane holding Spurs back all this time?

Maggot 28 Oct 2023
In reply to Myfyr Tomos:

What's the explanation for their amazing performance since losing the PL's 2nd best all time goal scorer? They won't be wanting him back. 🙂

Tidy win for Leeds!

RobAJones 28 Oct 2023
In reply to hokkyokusei:

> So it was Harry Kane holding Spurs back all this time?

Doesn't look like he was holding Munich back today, with another hatrick, including one from inside his own half. It must be some sort of record, down to 10 men after 4 minutes and win 8-0, although the opposition did finish with 9 men. 

OP Myfyr Tomos 28 Oct 2023
In reply to Maggot:

I think Spurs are more of an unit without Kane, but that is probably down to Ange and his managerial style. The flowing, attacking football being played now is so far removed from the last few seasons, it'd be interesting how Kane would fit into it. He would probably be just as lethal. We also have an excellent keeper in Vicario - a shrewd buy. But, being a Spurs supporter, I'm wary of any bump in the road that might cause a wobble - we still haven't got the squad depth of the other big teams, so need to avoid any injuries to key players. Not playing any European matches helps... 🤣🤣

Bottom Clinger 28 Oct 2023
In reply to Myfyr Tomos:

Wigan Latics just had three, 2-0 wins on the bounce !!  

Fat Bumbly2 28 Oct 2023
In reply to Bottom Clinger:

Great result - my second team is whoever is playing Shrewsbury (unless it's Milton Keynes/Wimbledon1.0)

I went just down the road today to see Dunbar fail to get thrashed by East Fife, a couple of leagues above them, Dunbar won 1-0 despite an agricultural performance of hoofing anything loose into row D. The scenes of joy at the end were unforgettable.  They had never done this before.

Maggot 29 Oct 2023
In reply to Myfyr Tomos:

When did Prince Andrew become your manager?

J72 30 Oct 2023
In reply to Fat Bumbly2:

When’s the SC draw for Dunbar (not my team (are they anyone’s?)  though I stay up the road so have a local interest).

in better news rangers got 2 slightly undeserved goals in injury time to beat hearts - though if I had to guess I’d say that UKC/UKH was fairly hostile to the Gers! 

Fat Bumbly2 31 Oct 2023
In reply to J72:

It was on Sunday - Dunbar got Alloa at home, Tranent got Forfar (not sure but I think that was at home as well.) I cannot believe that I am posting on East Lothian football, but with the move away from Junior football it is thriving (exception of Preston Athletic , once the only SFA club). Then again Hibs are based here.

Dunbar appear to have a small but dedicated support. It looks a cracking wee club and well worth a visit.  

Post edited at 19:43
 J72 31 Oct 2023
In reply to Fat Bumbly2:

Thanks, I may have to make a visit given it’s not far up the road - and yes, East Lothian football is a fairly niche topic I guess, but there is plenty discussion of PL elsewhere (everywhere) so it’s a refreshing change! 

Bottom Clinger 01 Nov 2023
In reply to Myfyr Tomos:

Time for Big Sam ?

OP Myfyr Tomos 02 Nov 2023
In reply to Bottom Clinger:

I think Man Utd are after him...

Bottom Clinger 02 Nov 2023
In reply to Myfyr Tomos:

> I think Man Utd are after him...

Agreed. Third highest spend on players in Europe over the last good few years, and they get worse. Shocking. Owners need to go. Heard a great piece on five live recently, were they emphasised how they missed out on certain players (Bellingham and Haaland) and how this was most likely due to not having the skilled and experienced staff at the club to get these deals sorted. Glazers have recruited very badly coz they don’t know Jack.  

Post edited at 07:58
 Tony the Blade 02 Nov 2023
In reply to Myfyr Tomos:

> Time for Big Sam ?

> I think Man Utd are after him...

Fake news, they are looking through their old Roladex for Big Ron's number.

RobAJones 02 Nov 2023
In reply to Tony the Blade:

> Fake news, they are looking through their old Roladex for Big Ron's number.

Being good enough to win the FA Cup twice in three years is a bit of a pipe dream st the moment given the state of the club. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...