UKC

Any old Nikon lenses?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jethro kiernan 08 Oct 2023

Ive been doing some video filming and I've recently tried my old nikon 50mm 1.4 D lens on my mirrorless as a manual focus video lens and was really impressed, just wondering what other people are using for video and also wondering if anyone has an old Nikon 28/35 D knocking around?

nic mullin 08 Oct 2023
In reply to jethro kiernan:

No insight on the video front I’m afraid, but I’ve got a 24mm f/2.8 AF-D sat in the cupboard if you’re interested?

In reply to nic mullin:

I have a similar 24mm f/2.8 AIS if you want to try that. Manual focus and exposure. 

Post edited at 13:41
In reply to nic mullin:

Might be interested 😏 

nic mullin 08 Oct 2023
In reply to jethro kiernan: ok, it’s in decent condition optically (no marks, scratches etc.), probably some minor dust. On my D700 it meters, focuses and stops down as it should (manual and auto). The (plastic) filter thread has a crack in it from me stuffing in into my bag in a hurry with a screw-on hood still attached. I’ve repaired it with superglue and you can still mount filters and the hood (I don’t have any other lenses with this filter thread, so will chuck in the hood, a circular polariser and a UV filter, all off-brand). Has both Nikon caps.  

If you’re keen I can dig it out and send you some pictures. I haven’t used it for a few years, and can’t be arsed sticking it on eBay, so if you made me an offer I’d probably accept

tehmarks 11 Oct 2023
In reply to richard_hopkins:

If the OP isn't interested I may well be - eyeing up that particular lens to stick on the front of a Nikon FM. But also currently in the midst of a mortgage application - so may have to wait a month or two!

Post edited at 10:57
In reply to tehmarks:

No problem, just drop me a PM whenever suits you. I used to use it for astro photography but preferred the results I got from a 50mm f/1.8

In reply to tehmarks:

Hi jump in I am faffing a little, holding out for a 28mm  😂

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...