UKC

Anchor removed from above 'A touch too much'

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Roberttaylor 07 Aug 2023

The thread anchor from below 'A touch too much' was looking the worse for wear so I've removed it. I couldn't get all the tat out of the lower thread; someone else with an implement might have more success.

If someone could get whoever does the upkeep on the crag to DM me, I can post the ab ring to them.

Michael Gordon 07 Aug 2023
In reply to Roberttaylor:

Seanna Mheallan?

OP Roberttaylor 07 Aug 2023
In reply to Michael Gordon:

Yep

OP Roberttaylor 07 Aug 2023

Also, it was the tat anchor from below the top; there's still an ab point above and back from the top of the route.

C Witter 08 Aug 2023

How did this helpful post get disliked? Often I wonder what UKC is for, if a useful, community-minded post like this one, giving people a needed heads up, isn't appreciated...

Gary Latter 08 Aug 2023
In reply to C Witter:

> How did this helpful post get disliked? Often I wonder what UKC is for, if a useful, community-minded post like this one, giving people a needed heads up, isn't appreciated...

Hardly helpful removing an established abseil anchor and not replacing it? Would it not have been better leaving as is? And rather than removing the abseil ring, why not leave it at the crag?

OP Roberttaylor 08 Aug 2023
In reply to Gary Latter:

The state it was in led me not to trust it; if I don't trust it, I won't leave dodgy tat there for others to use or to become another bit of crag litter. I didn't have a spare bit of rope to replace it and, even if I had, I wouldn't have done so, as there is a new, better anchor a short way back and directly above where the old one was.

I could have left the anchor ring lying there, but then there would have been the chance of if being lost or taken by someone who wouldn't make an effort to get it back to whoever looks after the crag (and who has done an excellent job; the anchors further back and above Torridonian etc. are much appreciated).

C Witter 08 Aug 2023
In reply to Gary Latter:

Are you trolling or attempting a joke...?

Personally, I think he's removed some trash, helped lower the chances of an accident and given people a heads up so they can go equipped... How could that not be construed as helpful except by the most miserable and bitter?

Ah, and there is already a reply explaining the sound rationale... Great. Just goes to show how bloody daft UKC forums are...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...